Saturday, October 13, 2018

30 THEATRICAL TERRORS: Let Me In (Day 11)



Well, this one I’ve already reviewed twice (once, upon initially watching it and then when I made it my pick as #1 movie of 2010) and I don’t think I need to again.

Here’s the first:



Instead, I’ll simply point out a few critiques that make my point:

In comparing Let Me In with Let the Right One In, horror website Bloody Disgusting wrote, “Ultimately, if the Swedish version is near perfection, Matt Reeves’ version achieves complete supremacy. Masterpiece is an overused word, but it’s hard to think of another so powerful. Let Me In is the new standard for vampire movies.” 



Stephen King wrote “Let Me In is a genre-busting triumph. Not just a horror film, but the best American horror film in the last 20 years.”



Rolling Stone’s Peter Travers observed, “I thought for sure that any Hollywood remake of Alfredson’s artful Swedish vampire film, Let the Right One In, would be a crass desecration. Well, color me blushing and prepare to be wowed. It’s a spellbinder.”




A. O. Scott of the New York Times wrote “what makes ‘Let Me In’ so eerily fascinating is the mood it creates. It is at once artful and unpretentious, more interested in intimacy and implication than in easy scares or slick effects.”



It’s not the best trailer,
but it does the trick:

No comments: